Cultural Heritage Conservation
United 3D Labs provides services for digitization of objects within the framework of cultural heritage conservation programs, including:
archaeological excavations finds;
ancient household items;
jewelry and metal ware;
paintings, sculptures of different shapes and sizes;
buildings and monuments;
other historical objects.
Cultural heritage conservation programs
Trying to save precious memories is a natural genetically designed aspiration of every person. Many families carefully keep military medals that belonged to grandparents and great grandparents or first school diaries of the children; cities preserve the original appearance of historic buildings, state governments support museums, and UNESCO carries out the world heritage conservation program.
Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever. Buildings, monuments, items of value inevitably deteriorate with the passing of time; people can only slow it down. There is only one way to conserve history forever: digitize physical objects.
The current state of virtual reality technologies allows us to recreate objects in the digital world on a very realistic level of visualization. However, it is necessary to start digitizing cultural heritage objects now, not waiting any other minute for destruction of another historical masterpiece.
It is also worth noting that socio-economic factor plays a great role in the process. Not all residents of the country (let alone people from abroad) have the opportunity to visit National Museums or monuments of ancient world located in remote areas. Studying virtual copies, which requires only a PC (or any other gadget) and internet connection, is accessible for a wide range of people including elderly and people with disabilities.
United 3D Labs experts use advanced equipment for digitizing items and structures, such as:
- laser scanners with distance accuracy up to ±1mm and range of 350 m;
- hand-held laser scanners with high accuracy up to 0.1 mm;
- fully-automated desktop 3D scanner with accuracy up to 10 microns;
- professional photography equipment;
- high-quality camera drones;
- 360 degree panoramic cameras (with extended dynamic range).
Areas of implemetation
The data obtained during scanning and photography is processed on high-performance workstations and transferred into various forms adapted to the needs of users:
- the total amount of information obtained is stored in the database for restoration, 3D printing or other methods of objects replication (including the ones that is going to be developed in future);
- virtual tours (including the ones for VR headsets) are to promotion of the country’s intangible cultural heritage with the highest quality of visualization;
- internet websites to ensure maximum coverage of potential viewers.
We are pleased that you have expressed an interest in our services. We would be thrilled to discuss your ideas and the best way to implement them.
Please, feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
You can get to know United 3D Labs better if you visit About us section